Monday, February 19, 2018

Alphabethon E Wrap Up

So... that happened 😉 I really failed miserably at the 5th round of alphabethon. I only read 4 books and one of them wasn't even with an E (don't kill me). But since I'm off to a really bad start with reading this year I consider it still at least a little successful (even though I had 11 books on my alphabethon tbr).
So at the beginning of the weak I finished Mockingjay cause I had already started it and I just couldn't put it down for the whole week. I know, I know no E! But at least the readathon got me to read more even though I cheated.
Also I like that readathons get me to read books that I normally wouldn't pick up in that moment. It takes away the pressure of choosing which book I want to read the most because during a readathon I just choose the book that fits the challenge the best. On to my books I really read for this readathon so books where the title or the author starts with and E:
I really liked all of the books I read during the readathon (more about my thoughts about the books in my February Wrap Up). Actually I finished the last one (Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles) a little bit after the readathon ended but I still count it cause I tried to finish it in time.
I think the concept of this readathon is great cause you can participate no matter what genre you like to read. In addition to the condition to read only books with E there are a few reading challenges. Here are all the challenges and the books I read (or didn't) for each on: 

1) Read a book over 400 pages - I wasn't in the mood to read an extra long book for this readathon
2) Read a book under 200 pages - Just Another Girl by Elizabeth Eulberg
3) Since Alphabethon will take place the week of Valentine’s Day read a romance novel. - The Hundredth Queen by Emily R. King
4) Read a book with two E’s - Just Another Girl by Elizabeth Eulberg
5) Read a book with a MC whose name begins with E. - Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles
6) Read a book with an E setting. (world, city, state, country,etc.) - I couldn't find a book for this challenge
7) Read 7 books - I had 11 books on my TBR and failed this challenge miserably but all in all I read 4 books this week

So I finished 4 of the 7 challenges which means this readathon wasn't a complete fail. I'm really looking forward to the next round of the Alphabethon (I hope I will have time to participate)! Comment below if you have participated in this round of the alphabethon and tell me which books you read. Also if you plan to participate in the next round.

1 comment:

  1. I read Mockingjay so long ago that I forgot how I feel about it... I love Perfect Chemistry and The Hundreth Queen though!

    Tasya // The Literary Huntress

    ReplyDelete